Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gotta get to the Getty!

Very Few places can leave one speechless. From it's spectacular views and architectural design, to its cultural richness, the Getty Center is one. I travelled to L.A. California a couple of months ago, and truly loved it. While there, I had the opportunity to visit the Getty Center. 
The museum opened December 1997, and it is very well known for exhibiting exceptional european paintings, illuminated manuscripts, sculptures, and decorative arts. The exhibitions at the Getty change every couple of months, so visitors always get a chance to see new things. When I visited, many works from Leonardo da Vinci were being displayed, in the "Leonardo da Vinci and the Art of Sculpture" exhibition. I couldn't believe I was actually seeing his works right in front of me, it was an awesome experience. Numerous stunning pieces from other prominent artist of the 19th and early 20th century were also displayed. The most memorable to me were works by Edgar Degas, Francisco de Goya, Monet and Jaques-Louis David. 
After spending time viewing all the exhibitions I was interested in, I visited the whimsical gardens, and exteriors. These were just as breathtaking as the art that was being displayed inside. The Getty Center also has some great cafes that offer fine snacks and great wine, and some incredible shops to buy souvenirs ;) 
 Here are some pictures of my experience at the Getty. Visit if you have a chance, believe me you will NOT regret it! Oh yea.. go prepared to spend a couple of hours there, I spent around 7 .
:)






    







2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...